The latest Xcarlink integration now makes it possible to add Apple Carplay and Android Auto to the vehicles original factory screen in the Audi A1 & Q3 providing full Apple Carplay and Android Auto Functionality. Everything is provided in the kit to allow you to upgrade your system to add CarPlay and Android Auto while at the same time retaining the original factory look and feel of the A1 system which is not supplied with navigation or Apple Carplay / Android Auto as standard.
A transparent touch panel digitizer simply fits over your existing factory screen, you can then control the system via touch and control all functions without the need for any remote controls, keyboards, separate screens or additional devices.
The kit is supplied with an external Mic for phone integration and for Voice commands through Google or Siri, and the sound is played through the car speakers via the AUX input.
The Interface also provides a fully integrated Android System which allows you to access all Android Apps (even those which are not available through Android auto and Apple Carplay) and operate them via the touch-screen in Motion.
- Integrates perfectly with the original factory fitted Audi screen. Does not require you to replace or modify the head unit or any of the existing equipment in the vehicle.
- Touch screen overlay for interactive control of the Apple Carplay / Android Auto system and Any application as required.
- Retrofit carplay to the system which is not available through Audi
- Also provides a fully integrated Android system, allowing any other apps to also be used on the original system such as Youtube and other apps not supported by Apple Carplay & Android Auto. An optional offline Navigation system is also available if required. Or download any navigation app from the App Store.
- Microphone included for handsfree and for using Siri or Google Voice Assist.
- Optional Video Input, Smartphone Mirroring and Rear Camera integration
- HD Integration giving you the highest possible image quality on your factory screen
- Keep your iPhone / Android phone charged when connected to the system
- Switch from your original to the Xcarlink system at any time using the steering wheel controls (By long-pressing the Nav button on the steering wheel)
- Audio integration through the car’s original speaker system through the AUX input
|Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port and you are ready to go. Here are some of the features that Carplay has to offer:
|The full Apple Carplay user interface is displayed on the factory screen and any of option can be selected via the original touchscreen.
||The power and Simplicity of Apple Maps are now available to you allowing navigation Apple Navigation to your system, it is always up to date and easy to use!
|Fully hands-free phone functionality of Apple CarPlay. Make phone calls or use Siri to send messages.
||Access all your music, search and select by Artist Song etc. Apple Carplay also works with Spotify
- Rear and Front Camera integration – Connect a front or Rear camera
- Playback video and audio files via USB operated via touch screen.
- Dynamic Parking guidelines – Active gridlines that display the path that the vehicle is taking based on the position of the steering wheel
- Automatic switching to Rear and Front Camera inputs
- Video Input for connecting any video source such as Digital TV, DAB, DVD etc
The kit includes:
- Xcarlink Multimedia Interface
- All cables / Plug and Play Harness
- Apple Carplay/Android Auto Integration Module
- USB adapter for smartphone connection
The interface connects behind the screen and other connections behind the glove box. The touch panel is fitted to the front of the screen. Further details are provided in the installation manual.
Audi A1 / Q3 - 2011-2017