Ford Sync 2 Multimedia Interface allows the integration of a rear camera, any video device or Satellite Navigation upgrade to the Ford Sync 2 System.
Once connected, the video inputs will give you the option to add a range of Multimedia decides such as Smartphone Mirroring (view your smartphone on your factory fitted screen) Digital TV, DVD player, Play video/audio files from a USB flash drive etc
It provides seamless rear camera integration which automatically switches to display the camera image on the factory display when the reverse gear is engaged.
An optional Satellite navigation module is also available which will provide a fully integrated SatNav solution using the vehicles original touch screen.
The interface does not replace your original system; it offers perfect integration to maintain your OEM appearance. The CAN-BUS enables you to switch video input using the head unit controls.
• 2 x Video Inputs - Watch any video source on your original factory fitted screen.
• Rear view camera input - automatic switching when in reverse gear.
• Dynamic Parking guidelines which move in accordance to the position of the steering wheel*
• Retains original parking sensors which is displayed with the rear camera image.
• Add fully integrated SatNav GPS which is controlled via the original Touch screen - European and worldwide maps are available.
• External Video Input -Connect any device to your factory screen such as Smartphone Mirroring, Digital TV, TV tuner etc .
• Switch between the original display and video inputs via the original steering wheel buttons.
• Optional Fully integrated SatNav GPS system - Add Navigation to the basic Sync 2 System with touch screen Control
Included with the kit:
• Xcarlink Multimedia video interface
• Vehicle Connection/Power cable
• RCA AV Input Cables
• Installation Manual
All installation is made behind the head monitor. Further details regarding these connections can be found in the user manual.
Then simply attach the video input to the AV connections and press the Sound button to change video sources.
This interface is designed for video only. For audio, you will need to connect the audio out connection from the interface to your AUX input. If an Aux Input is not available please add the AUX to USB adapter.
Compatible with the Following Ford Sync 2 Tablet systems including:
- Ford Focus 2014-2018
- Ford Edge 2013-2016
- Ford Expedition 2015-2016
- Ford Explorer 2014-2016
- Ford F150 2013-2016
- Ford Fiesta 2014-2016
- Ford Flex 2014-2016
- Ford Fusion 2013-2016
- Ford Mondeo 2013-2016
- Ford Mustang 2015-2016
- Ford Super Duty 2015-2016
- Ford Taurus 2014-2016
- Ford Transit Connect 2014-2016